HEIDI ZIELINSKI

HEIDI ZIELINSKI - Fiber/Quilt Artist

Creating art out of fiber and stitch is my passion. In no other pursuit have I ever found the rewards and joy that I find in using textiles, thread, paint, beads, yarns, and whatever else inspires me to make an object of beauty to share with others. My work is based in the quilting tradition of three layers stitched together, but the artistry and originality of it goes far beyond the basic piecing of geometric shapes to create a bedcovering. You will see many reflections of nature in my work as I live in Montana surrounded by mountains, rivers, streams and my own garden. Color and texture inspire my work and they are my palette.

Please feel free to comment on what you see here so I can know what you would like me to post. I am always willing to share what I do, how I do it, and what inspires me. I hope you enjoy my work.

Monday, September 24, 2012

In The Smoke and Reminiscing About Spring!

Here in western Montana we have been living with air filled with smoke from forest fires for a number of weeks now and it is getting quite old.  None of these fires is anywhere near threatening where I live, but our beautiful views of the Rocky Mountains are clouded and gray and the oppressive feeling really wears on you. We have had a very dry summer and will likely have this nasty smoke until the weather changes and we get some significant moisture.  

In the meantime, I was looking at some of the images I have taken this year and found these lovely pictures of our apple tree from this spring.  We planted this small tree a number of years ago and this was the first spring that we had an abundance of blossoms and the promise of fruit.  Alas, a chilling frost hit at prime blossom time and even covering our trees with sheets could not prevent the blossoms from dying.  It is now fall and I mourn the apples that could have been, but am grateful for my digital camera that allowed me to capture a lovely moment in time....







Now that fall is in the air, I look forward to seeing these blossoms again next spring!  Maybe they will inspire some artwork in the cold, dark days of winter.







No comments: