Sunday, April 6, 2014

It's A Hoot - Another Strata Art Quilt

In Spring 2013 I had an article in The Quilt Life magazine about Strata Art Quilts.  These are long narrow quilts that are made up of horizontal strips of fabric.  I have made quite a few of these quilts because I enjoy the process of selecting fabric and designing the pieces, and then quilting and beading them.  I have taught a class on making them twice now and I think all of the students really enjoyed the process.  It was very fun helping them with their pieces.

Here is the most recent piece I made, which was included in a recent blog post where I showed pictures of our fiber art show where they showed a bunch of Strata quilts made by my friends and fellow art quilters.  I thought I would show you a little better image of it and some detail.  This piece is 7-1/2" x 28".  Sorry the photos are not my best!  




The piece is called "It's A Hoot" and is priced at $160.00.  

One of my favorite parts of the quilting process is choosing fabrics to put together and the Strata Art quilts are very fun to do.  The quilting and beading don't take long because the pieces are so narrow. 

Try one!



No comments:

The Challenges and Triumphs of 2022

One thing I can say about 2022 is that it was not a dull year! We have all been enjoying a little more freedom and social interaction with l...