Tuesday, April 8, 2014

More Miniature Fiber Art

I have made quite a few of these small fiber art pieces that start out about 6"x8" (more or less) and have a tab top with rod for hanging and beads dangling at the bottom.  Sometimes I have added beads on the pieces but not always.  I have had great fun choosing fabrics and quilting these little works, and I do plan to do more.  

"Bossa Nova"

"Cha Cha"

"Harmony"

"Samba"


You might notice that I have given all of these little pieces music or dance related names.  It was fun naming all of them!  I have some of these pieces at Bailiwick on Grand in Billings, Montana and some in Missoula, Montana at The Artist's Shop.  Some will be in my "studio" space on the upcoming Artist's Along The Bitterroot (AAB) Studio Tour in June.   I am actually sharing a space at another artist's home with 3 other artists.  (More about AAB coming soon.....!)

I find that the size of these pieces allow me enough space to play with some fabric combinations and do some nice quilting and beading, but they don't take long to make and they can be priced at a good pricepoint for sales in my galleries.  Unlike the little ornaments I have made, I feel that I can put enough of my artistic style and artistry into the work to find them fulfilling and enjoyable to create. 

  


No comments:

The Challenges and Triumphs of 2022

One thing I can say about 2022 is that it was not a dull year! We have all been enjoying a little more freedom and social interaction with l...