HEIDI ZIELINSKI

HEIDI ZIELINSKI - Fiber Artist

Creating art out of fiber and stitch is my passion. In no other pursuit have I ever found the rewards and joy that I find in using textiles, thread, paint, beads, yarns, and whatever else inspires me to make an object of beauty to share with others.

My work is based in the quilting tradition of three layers stitched together, but the artistry of it goes far beyond the basic piecing of geometric shapes to create a bedcovering. You will see reflections of nature in my work as I live in a valley in the Rocky Mountains of Western Montana surrounded by mountains, rivers, streams and my own garden. Color and texture inspire my work and they are my palette.

I write about what I am doing with my art and where I hope to go. I create, I write, I teach, I share and I think about my art and tell you about it all on the pages of my blog.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Strata Art Quilts Class


"A Slice of Clear Water"

STRATA ART QUILTS
Timeless Quilts - 
2412 River Rd., Missoula, Montana  
Phone:  406-542-6566
www.timelesssewingcenter.com

August 16, 2014
9:30am - 3:30pm
Cost:  $45.00 

I will be teaching my Strata Art Quilt class at Timeless Quilts in Missoula, Montana on August 16.  The class will be from 9:30am-3:30pm and the cost is $45.00.  The shop has a description of the class and a supply list and I will be taking in a couple of sample wallhangings in the next week or so.  I think they will be advertising the class after June 1 so you will be able to sign up then. 

This style of quilt was featured in my article in the October 2013 issue of The Quilt Life magazine.  The one-day class involves designing and completing the top, but there will examples and discussion about quilting and embellishing the finished piece as well.  I will also be working up an embellishing class hopefully to offer in Fall 2014. 

Let me know if you have any questions or need information about the class.  You can e-mail me at heidi@heidizielinski.com. 





No comments: