Friday, May 2, 2014

Simplify, Simplify

I have just finished beading and putting a label and sleeve on my 2014 Studio Art Quilt Associates (SAQA) on-line auction donation.  The pieces have to be 12"x12".  Mine is made from hand-dyed fabrics and there is beading around all the edges.   It is called "Simplify, Simplify".




Go to the SAQA Auction page to see all the beautiful entries and find out how to bid on them when the auction starts on September 15, 2014.  It is a reverse auction so they start at $750 and go down each day until they get to $75.

http://www.saqa.com/memberArt.php?cat=34

I actually made this piece for a hand-dyed challenge proposed by Visions Art Museum but decided that it might be too simple for that exhibition, so I made another piece that I sent to them.  I didn't want to bead on the surface of this piece because anything I seemed to try out on it just took away from the simple beauty of the rich hand-dyed fabrics and free motion stitching.  I stuck to beading around the edges to kind of frame the piece and left it at that. 

No comments:

The Challenges and Triumphs of 2022

One thing I can say about 2022 is that it was not a dull year! We have all been enjoying a little more freedom and social interaction with l...